President & CEO
Port of Rotterdam Authority
- Test Session
Allard Castelein is Chief Executive Officer of the Port of Rotterdam Authority since 1 January 2014.
Born in Rotterdam in 1958, Allard graduated in medicine at Erasmus University.
He started working with Shell in The Netherlands in 1987. For the first couple of years he held positions in Trading, Sales and Marketing. From 1992 he lived and worked in Malaysia, Hong Kong, Saudi Arabia and the United Kingdom in various positions in Marketing, Strategy, Business Development and General Management. Allard returned to The Netherlands in 2002 to join the Executive Board of the Nederlandse Aardolie Maatschappij, a Shell-Exxon JV. In 2003 he became Commercial Manager for Shell’s European Upstream business. In this capacity he led a major re-organisation and change management programme. In 2009 Allard was appointed Vice President Environment for Shell. He led the global Environment cluster and was accountable for strategy, standards, controls and strategic partnerships worldwide.
In addition to his position as CEO with the Port of Rotterdam Authority, Allard Castelein is
- Vice president and member of the Supervisory Board of Sohar Industrial Port Company SAOC (SIPC);
- Vice president and member of the Supervisory Board of Sohar International Development Company (SIDC);
- Member of the Supervisory Board of Rotterdam Partners;
- Member of the Executive Board of the Confederation of Netherlands Industry and Employers (VNO-NCW);
- Member of the Supervisory Board of Isala Hospitals;
- Chairman Board Ronald McDonald Huis Sophia Rotterdam;
- Member Economic Board Zuid-Holland;
- Non-executive director Renewi plc.