Silverbirch Associates KK
- Session 10: APAC’s Port & Hydrogen Maritime Opportunities: Moving Hydrogen Along the Global Supply Chains
Patricia Bader-Johnston brings over 30 years of experience in government, embassy and private sector roles covering regional and global responsibilities. She currently serves on or advises several private sector – as well as philanthropic – boards, and manages a sustainability focused consulting company called Silverbirch Associates Ltd. (which she founded in 2008. Silverbirch clients encompass a wide range of government and non-governmental organizations, Fortune 100’s as well as innovative clean-tech and renewable ventures, supporting inbound and outbound trade and investment, business development and communications. Silverbirch is also directly involved in renewable energy development projects and other SDG-supporting initiatives related to Food Water and Energy innovation and has supported clients in raising investments of over 200 million USD in the energy and healthcare sectors. She holds an MBA in International Business from McGill University, Canada.
Past Corporate Leadership Roles:
- Member of the Board and Director of Communications for IBM Japan (30,000 employees)
- Vice-President Operations Finance and Resources for Goldman Sachs Japan (Japan and global roles)
- Director of Corporate and Regulatory Affairs at British American Tobacco Japan (launched the first-ever formal Social (CSR) Report issued in Japan)
- Director of Corporate Affairs for Standard Chartered Bank (Japan, Australia, Taiwan)
Public Sector Experience:
- Senior Program Officer, Public Affairs Canadian Embassy Japan
- Coordinator for International Relations, Yokohama City Government
Corporate Boards Roles:
Representative Director and CEO, Silverbirch Associates KK, and Silverbirch Associates Hong Kong Ltd.
Director, Silverbirch Associates Canada Ltd.
Representative Director, innHealth KK
Founding Partner, Earthberries Capital Ltd.
Advisor to UpCycle Systems Inc.
Advisor to Ecoloblue / Aquam Inc.
Advisor to Symbiol Ltd.
- Professor of Globalization and Business Studies and Sustainability at the Kenichi Ohmae Graduate School/Bond University (MBA -12 years)
- Associate Professor (Sustainability Studies) at Rikkyo University Graduate Faculty of Business and Graduate School of Social Innovation (8 years)
- Faculty Advisor to the London Business School
- Past President, Vice President, Governor, of the Canadian Chamber of Commerce in Japan
- Founding Chair of the CSR Committee for the American Chamber of Commerce in Japan, ACCJ Government Relations vice-chair, and other committees over 15 years
- Trustee Hope International Development Agency
- Director Runway for Hope
- Representative Director 5ive-Planets ISH
- Japan National Partner, Creative Business Network
- Global Ambassador, UnitedSucces
- Dell Women’s Entrepreneur Network, Tokyo Chapter Leader
- Director of Partnerships, Katerva
- Twice Leader of the Year for the American Chamber of Commerce in Japan
- Japan National Partner for the Creative Business Network (spanning 90 countries)
- Accredited Climate Reality Leader
- TED Fellow and TEDx curator (x7) and speaker